Remontowa Marine Design & Consulting Sp.z o.o. (RMDC) is the largest Polish and one of the largest European marine and offshore design offices.
RMDC is member of REMONTOWA HOLDING S.A. and was originally created in 1998 as a design office of Gdansk Shiprepair Yard Remontowa SA.
The company is rendering design services to foreign and Polish shipyards and shipowners.
Its wide practical experience was mainly gained in many years of cooperation with two successful Polish shipyards:
- Remontowa SA (repairs and conversions)
- Remontowa Shipbuilding SA (newbuildings)
The company provides services at all design stages:
- Material, machinery and equipment calculations
- Contract documentation
- Basic design
- Detailed design
- Design supervisions
- As fitted documentation
The company has experience in designing different ship types having mainly up to 120 m in length:
- Platform supply vessels
- Anchor handling towing vessels
- Azimuth stern drive and harbor tugs
- Container vessels
- Double ended ferries
- LNG tankers
- Cable laying vessels
- SAR vessels
- Emergency rescue & response vessels
- Buoy tender vessels
- Drilling vessels
- Ro-Ro vessels
- Ro-Pax vessels
- Heavy lift vessels
- Rapid intervention vessels
- Fishery protection vessels
- Navy vessels
The company has wide experience in engineering conversions of ships and offshore rigs and in particular in:
- Jumboization of Ships
- Conversions of superstructures
- Installation of new main and auxiliary engines
- Conversion of diesel propulsion into LNG propulsion
- Installation of scrubbers
- Installation of ballast treatment systems
- Installation of DP systems
- Conversions of Tankers into shuttle tankers
- Different conversions of car passenger ferries and fishing vessels
- Different conversions of semisubmersible and jack up rigs
RMDC has a quality management system certified in accordance with ISO 9001: 2008 standard by GL and ZSJZ and certified in accordance with AQAP 2110:2009 standard by ZSJZ.
REMONTOWA Marine Design & Consulting Sp. z o.o. is a company with wide experience in the field of design of ships and special floating structures as well as in engineering services related to conversions, modernizations and repairs of such units.
We are oriented toward our Clients and tend to meet their needs designing floating units guaranteeing highest safety standards of personnel and transported goods, innovative solutions as well as competitive prices.
Our goal is to ensure highest quality of design services through:
- Meeting the needs and requests of our Clients in a comprehensive way,
- Permanent follow up and implementation of the most modern marine technology solutions,
- Creating of environment friendly ship design,
- Permanent improvement of the design organization process,
- Timely realization of high-quality designs,
- Team of competent, innovative, experienced and responsible employees,
- Use of the most modern numerical design technologies,
- Care to meet binding legal and standard requirements,
- Permanent improvement of the quality assurance system meeting the requirements of ISO 9001: 2008 and AQAP 2110:2009 standards.